Re: Another update on 'portal'

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Another update on 'portal'
Date: 2004-02-14 08:33:32
Lists: pgsql-www
Hi!

Dave Page wrote:
>>Well, my attitude worked once again! I didn't receive any
>>real comments for my previous mail without "the attitude":
>>http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2004-02/msg00046.php
>

> Not really as your previous email is already flagged for followup I just
> hadn't got to it until today.

Well, it took you almost a week *not* to answer to the previous --- polite ---
email and less than an hour to answer to the current one. See my point?

I consulted the pgsql-www archives and looked at some other lists and have seen
*lots* of polite website suggestions safely and comfortably ignored.

Thus the srategy of writing politely definitely does not work with PostgreSQL
website team, and I see no real reason to pursue it. BTW, I am a post-graduate,
writing a thesis on differential games. This deals with selecting the strategy
that works in the situation of uncertainty (one possible source of uncertainty
is the actions of other players who may have completely different objectives).