Re: Startup message issues

From: Barry Lind <blind(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: Chris Smith <cdsmith(at)twu(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Startup message issues
Date: 2004-02-13 21:42:14
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Chris,

I will be the first to admit that the V3 protocol support is a hack (one
that I did :-( ) The intention was to get something quickly working (so
most of the code is just duplicated from the V2 code and then modified)
and then to go back later and refactor and cleanup. Well that didn't
happen. So I am really glad you are taking a stab at cleaning this up.

Specifically to your email, there is no reason that I can remember that
your assumptions are not valid.

thanks,
--Barry