Re: Rant to the guiding lights of Postgres

From: Alex Satrapa <alex(at)lintelsys(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Paul Smith <iconpart(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Rant to the guiding lights of Postgres
Date: 2004-02-12 23:13:36
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Paul Smith wrote:
> Where is the Mac psql

For Mac OS X, just compile the whole kit and caboodle natively. I've got PostgreSQL 7.4.1 running on Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) - on an iMac 333Mhz (Strawberry). It's great - even I was able to compile it straight out of the box!

Of course, Mac OS X is a Unix-like environment, so it's nowhere near the same as Mac OS 9. Under Mac OS 9 there is no command line available, so one option I'd suggest is using a terminal package like NCSA Telnet or its successor MacTelnet[1]. Once you have a terminal package, use it to open a shell on the DB server or a machine that has the client software available.

HTH
Alex

[1] http://homepage.mac.com/kmg/mactelnet/