Re: BSDCan 2004

From: "Dan Langille" <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
To: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BSDCan 2004
Date: 2004-02-09 18:11:58
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 9 Feb 2004 at 11:53, Jan Wieck wrote:

> Dan Langille wrote:

> >> I'll probably be grabbing a couple days off around then, too, to be in
> >> the area. My high school, just across the canal, turns 160, and a
> >> visit to parents in Ottawa is well overdue.
> >
> > Any excuse is better than none. And having multiple reasons is even
> > better. Where do you live now? I know there's a group coming from
> > NYC.
> >
> >> I also understand Jan Wieck may be heading north for the con...
> >
> > I met Jan at Linux World Expo in NYC last month (Bruce Momjian too!
> > => http://www.freebsddiary.org/linuxworldexpo-2004-part5.php). If
> > he's coming up, I'd certainly like to have him talk give a technical
> > talk about replication.
>
> As I understood the conference is on Friday and Saturday.

Yes, the proceedings are on those days, but we have social events on
Thursday and Sunday (for those still in town).

> I thought about spending the whole week in Toronto, driving over to
> Ottawa either Thursday night or Friday morning.

I recommend Thursday night. Friday morning would mean leaving at 5
or 6 am pick up your registration pack and get to the first session.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - http://www.bsdcan.org/