Re: Indexes generated for primary key are not show

From: Constantin Stefanov <cstef(at)mail(dot)ru>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>,pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Indexes generated for primary key are not show
Date: 2004-02-09 12:53:30
Lists: pgadmin-support
Dave Page wrote:

> The primary question remains though, why should we expose implementation
> details of something like a primary key when we already show the primary
> key itself? It's not like you cannot see the columns in it or anything.
> Should we by the same argument show the triggers that implement foreign
> keys, or rules that implement views?
I think at least to have an option (maybe not permanent, but something
like menu item 'show all details') would be useful. As for indexes - as
I said, they are needed for understanding planner desicions. As for
other parts (rules, auto-generated triggers etc.) - I don't know.
As for quick solution I would suggest checking with psql - if it can
shows something, then PgAdmin should have an option to show it. I think
many people use psql and it has almost all features needed for working
with PostgreSQL (but it is less convenient than PgAdmin). As for me,
when working with and something seems strange, it is psql where I look
for final answer.

--
Constantin Stefanov