Re: Indexes generated for primary key are not show

From: Constantin Stefanov <cstef(at)mail(dot)ru>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>,pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Indexes generated for primary key are not show
Date: 2004-02-09 10:24:43
Lists: pgadmin-support
Dave Page wrote:

>>Why should such duplication be avoided? There is both
>>constraint (primary key) and index.
>
> Because if any generated SQL contains both object, it will be an invalid
> script, not to mention the fact that you cannot properly recreate
> constraints just by recreating the indexes.
Well, I did not think you were talking about generated SQL. I mean I
would like to see these indexes in left part of main pgadmin screen,
where all other (user-created) indexes are shown. I mostly do not look
at the generated SQL, so I did not think about it.
Maybe for such indexes there should be no generated SQL when you select
it (or some text that warns that this index is system-generated).

--
Constantin Stefanov