Re: F2 key not working for editing rows on XP

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Steve Fox <steve(at)code42(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: F2 key not working for editing rows on XP
Date: 2004-02-08 23:00:57
Lists: pgadmin-support

Steve Fox wrote:

> Hi, Andreas -
>
> It's the keyboard -- just got a new MS keyboard at work and didn't
> notice it has an 'F Lock' key at the top, near Scroll Lock. I must
> have hit wit inadvertently, and thereby disabled the F keys.

These M$ induced keyboard layout changes are a PITA. The US designers of
the Windows keys (who the f**k needs them, or even knows their
function?) certainly didn't spend a single second thinking about other
locales that don't have brackets/braces/backslash as a direct key, but
need Alt-Gr for it. I'm still using hand-selected old keyboards that
have the Alt-Gr keys still in place, where they have been for > 10 years.

We may be grateful we still don't have a Bill-key instead of 'G'...

Regards,
Andreas