Re: Licence disclaimer

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: jm(at)poure(dot)com
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Licence disclaimer
Date: 2004-02-06 01:07:10
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>I added a disclaimer in the licence:
>http://developer.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/cnt/licence.txt
>
>Can we agree on these modifications?
>
>Cheers,
>Jean-Michel
>**************
>An updated licence agreement can be downloaded from
>http://pgadmin.postgresql.org/pgadmin3/cnt/licence.txt
>
>Last update: Friday 6 February 2004
>
>BY INSTALLING OR DISTRIBUTING PGADMIN SOFTWARE, YOU AGREE WITH THE FOLLOWING
>DISCLAIMER:
>
>BECAUSE PGADMIN IS FREE SOFTWARE MOSTLY DEVELOPED AS A HOBBY DURING SPARE
>TIME, IT WAS NOT FULLY TESTED AND THUS MAY CONTAIN BUGS OR OTHER DAMAGING
>PROGRAMS. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE EXTENT OF APPLICABLE LAW, PGADMIN TEAM
>MEMBERS, PROGRAMMERS AND WEB SITES DISTRIBUTING PGADMIN CANNOT BE HELD LIABLE
>UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR DAMAGE TO HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, LOST DATA, OR
>OTHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGE RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE - IN
>COUNTRIES WHERE THIS CLAUSE CANNOT APPLY, PGADMIN MEMBERS, PROGRAMMERS AND
>WEB SITES DISTRIBUTING PGADMIN CANNOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR MORE THAN ONE EURO
>FOR THE TOTAL DOMAGE.
>
>IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE CONDITIONS, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE OR
>FURTHER DISTRIBUTE THIS SOFTWARE.

Domage? Is this about the K├Âlner Dom? :-)

Well it's not really a hobby, more a *mission*. IMHO (in my hopeful
opinion) we're adhering to criteria that can be put on the very best
software design. I wouldn't like the word hobby for this. I'd say

BECAUSE PGADMIN IS FREE SOFTWARE ORIGINALLY DEVELOPED FOR PERSONAL NEEDS AND CONTRIBUTED TO THE PUBLIC AS GENEROUS DONATION, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANYTHING ON THIS FINE PIECE OF SOFTWARE IN TERMS OF USABILITY, FUNCTIONALITY OR FREEDOM OF DEFECTS. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

We should rise a fund to insure this Euro thing, don't you think? :-)))

Regards,
Andreas