Re: PhAdmin3

From: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: Andreas Tille <tillea(at)rki(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PhAdmin3
Date: 2004-02-05 17:45:45
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Andreas Tille wrote:

>On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr wrote:
>

>>thank you for your mail and thank you for using pgAdmin3.
>>

>No thanks is necessary from your site if I'm using this fine program!

Not necessary but that's the least I can do... I promise I won't do it
again :))

>>During the end of last year Mickael Mesches suggested that we integrate wx build in the pgAdmin3 debian package itself. I didn't get time to finalise this piece of work but it's about to be done now (I mean I have something working, but I need to do some cleaning and testing before I submit it)... My debian Sponsor (V. Renardias) will have a look at it as  soon as it is ready and this should then go into official debian.
>>

>So I guess no action is required on my side if I see which people are
>involved here. ;-)

Don't hesitate to make suggestions. That's true they are all great people!

>Perhaps a further idea: Ask the wxWindows maintainer if he might be able
>to upload a version of 2.5 to experimental and provide pgAdmin3 there.
>The advantage would be that more people will notice this fine project.

That would be a solution but in fact, that's the first thing I asked Ron
Lee (debian wxWin maintainer) when I contacted him last summer. I also
proposed to produce a pgAdmin3 specific package of wxWindows that I
would have uploaded to experimental, but he asked me not to do so.

>Kind regards and thanks for your fine work

I'm sure everybody here is alright to say that you are welcome. Thanks
for your suggestions and I'll try to remember to contact you as soon as
pgAdmin3 will enter debian officially (hope this will come soon!)

Regards,
Raphaël