First just wanted to say thank you all for the quick and helpful
answers. With all the input I know I am on the right track. With that
in mind I created a perl script to do my migrations and to do it based
on moving from a db name to a schema name. I had done alot of the
reading on converting based on the miss match of data types that MySQL
likes to use. I must say it is VERY nice having a intelligent system
that say won't let a date of '0000-00-00' be entered. Luckily I didn't
have to deal with any enumerations.
So the conversion goes on. I will definitely be back and forth in here
as I get the new queries written and start migrating all I can back into
the pg backend using plpgsql or c for the stored procedures where
required. The mammoth replicator has been working well. I had tried
the pgsql-r and had limited success with it, and dbmirror was just
taking to long having to do 4 db transactions just to mirror one
command. I have eserv but was never really a java kind of guy.
Alright then - back to my code. Again thanks for the help and info.
pgsql-performance by date
|Next:||From: Bill Moran||Date: 2004-02-03 22:43:08|
|Subject: Re: Compile Vs RPMs|
|Previous:||From: Kevin Carpenter||Date: 2004-02-03 22:27:00|
|Subject: Re: Database conversion woes...|