Database conversion woes...

From: Kevin <kevin(at)valenfor(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database conversion woes...
Date: 2004-02-03 22:29:41
Lists: pgsql-performance
First just wanted to say thank you all for the quick and helpful
answers.  With all the input I know I am on the right track.  With that
in mind I created a perl script to do my migrations and to do it based
on moving from a db name to a schema name.  I had done alot of the
reading on converting based on the miss match of data types that MySQL
likes to use.  I must say it is VERY nice having a intelligent system
that say won't let a date of '0000-00-00' be entered.  Luckily I didn't
have to deal with any enumerations.

So the conversion goes on.  I will definitely be back and forth in here
as I get the new queries written and start migrating all I can back into
the pg backend using plpgsql or c for the stored procedures where
required.  The mammoth replicator has been working well.  I had tried
the pgsql-r and had limited success with it, and dbmirror was just
taking to long having to do 4 db transactions just to mirror one
command.  I have eserv but was never really a java kind of guy.

Alright then - back to my code.  Again thanks for the help and info.

Kevin

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Bill MoranDate: 2004-02-03 22:43:08