BLOB problem

From: Rens Admiraal <postgresnews(at)etraned(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BLOB problem
Date: 2004-02-03 11:24:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I've encountered a problem with a PostgreSQL database. I made a image
management system which stores images in a database from a PHP script. I
upload te file using pg_lo_import() (PHP function). Everything works
fine, fast, and I was really glad with it, till I found out that my
database is rapadly growing. With only 20 images the database has a size
of 65 MB !!!

Does anybody know where this come from ? I know I don't give a lot of
information, if you want more, ask for it. But I don't want to send
unreadable posts ;-)

Grtz