Re: Forcing connections closed

From: Juan Miguel <juanmime(at)ono(dot)com>
To: Hadley Willan <hadley(dot)willan(at)deeperdesign(dot)co(dot)nz>
Cc: "Gregory S(dot) Williamson" <gsw(at)globexplorer(dot)com>,PGSQL Admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Forcing connections closed
Date: 2004-01-29 22:36:18
Lists: pgsql-admin
You can kill the procs (connections) using kill -9 PID

For example,

ps aux | grep post

gives you a list of the postgres processes (all the active connections,
and main postmaster). Here you can see the IP of the manchines connected
from.
Therefore, its easy to create an shell script for killing the connection
of a client machine.