Re: [HELP] MSAccess picks wrong keys

From: "Aaron Spike" <sauron(at)mlc-wels(dot)edu>
To: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>,pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HELP] MSAccess picks wrong keys
Date: 2004-01-26 23:08:46
Lists: pgsql-odbc
> So, for you this should "just work".  I don't have an
> answer, but maybe someone else can suggest it.

Well it didn't just work. Until I dropped and recreated the table and
copied the data back in. Now it works fine. Its almost like the
driver knew that the index was on the first field and the last two
fields.

Problems and fixes aside can anyone offer more information on how the
pgodbc driver and access decide whether or not to present the "Select
Unique Record Identifier" dialogue when linking tables?

> If you don't have logging enabled, you may want to try
> that for a while; there may be some clues in there.

Logging with the odbc driver or on the server?

> BTW, I suggest you reconsider your use of a composite
> primary key.  The fact that they are supported doesn't
> make them a good idea.

Not my choice actually, but after working with them for some time I
they have grown on me.

Aaron Spike