Finding the long transaction associtated with commit ?

From: "Day, David" <dday(at)redcom(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Finding the long transaction associtated with commit ?
Date: 2012-03-02 15:56:51
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

I have configured postgres.conf to log transactions in excess of 150 ms whilst I am benchmarking my system with a load test.
What is appearing in the log is something  generic that does not help me.  e.g

2012-03-02 10:02:47.521 EST redcom(at)ace_db 11388 192.168.33.211(49978)LOG:  duration: 178.230 ms  statement: commit

It is not helpful as  I have a pool of client threads attaching to the postgres server, which will offer a variety of transactions on their connection
I would like to know what transaction is  relevant to this logged commit.

Is there a way of naming the transaction in ECPG on the client side so that the commit statement logged would include the name of the transaction ?
Would another configuration setting give me the detail I seek ?
Having exceeded the reporting threshold,  does  the client get any indicator that it could inspect following the commit?

Thanks for considering the questions.

Regards

Dave

pgsql-novice by date