Re: Win32 signals code, take two

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers-win32 <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Win32 signals code, take two
Date: 2004-01-20 11:46:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Claudio Natoli wrote:

>>I've only had time for a very superficial look, but looks good...
>>

>One question: What about the same signal being raised multiple times whilst
>blocked? Currently, if a signal is raised twice whilst blocked, it will be
>delivered a single time when unblocked (it ought to be delivered twice).

Stevens APUE (s. 10.8) says:

"What happens if a blocked signal is generated more than once before
the process unblocks the signal? POSIX.1 allows the system to deliver
the signal once or more than once. If the system delivers the signal
more than once, we say the signals are queued. Most Unix systems,
however, do not queue signals. Instead the Unix kernel just delivers the
signal once."

cheers

andrew