Re: Organizing the OSCON presence

From: Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: Postgresql Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Organizing the OSCON presence
Date: 2004-01-19 21:01:25
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Josh Berkus wrote:

>Folks,
>
>The submission deadline for OSCON 2004 is just 21 days away.
>
>I know that several people here were planning on presenting. So far we've
>heard from:
>
>George Essig: TSearch2 Presentation
>

>Robert Bernier: Tutorial and Presentation, topic unknown

I've made application to do a tutorial, 1/2 day presentation, on
datamining email. It will use Perl to parse an mbox into a database. The
idea of the tutorial is to demonstrate some novel ways of exploring how
a typical, unmodified email client can run queries through a postgres
server that speaks IMAP.

With a little luck I'll be taking the opportunity of writing my OReilly
articles about datamining to shape the tutorial.