Re: Adding long text to a text field generates an error

From: Ben Ramsey <br(at)benandliz(dot)com>
To: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Adding long text to a text field generates an error
Date: 2004-01-19 17:00:07
Lists: pgsql-odbc
 > Please post your ODBC driver settings.  The table
 > definitions and the sql you are using may be helpful
 > also.

I was ready to post my code and table definition and everything, and
then I opened up the driver settings for the DSN that connects to the
database, clicked on the "Datasource" options button, which launched a
window with all sorts of options.  Here's what I found:

"Text as LongVarChar" is checked.
"Max LongVarChar" is set to 8190.

Should I uncheck "Text as LongVarChar"?  What will it do if I uncheck
it?  If I shouldn't uncheck it, then what should I set "Max LongVarChar"
to in order to allow unlimited amounts of text?

-Ben