Re: Microsoft releses Services for Unix

From: Jochem van Dieten <jochemd(at)oli(dot)tudelft(dot)nl>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32 <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Microsoft releses Services for Unix
Date: 2004-01-15 19:12:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
Dave Page wrote:

> Plus I'll bet we couldn't distribute the required components ourselves
> and would thus require the user to download interix first.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/sfu/default.asp

In order to download SFU you have to have a .NET Passport. Since
I don't have one, and have little interest in obtaining one, I
can't tell what the final licence is. Maybe somebody with a
Passport can get the final release and tell us?

I expect that seeing the license will end the debate.

Jochem

--
I don't get it
immigrants don't work