psql binary that does not require Cygwin

From: My Deja <mydeja(at)achimota(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql binary that does not require Cygwin
Date: 2004-01-13 16:46:42
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hello,

I know this may not be the right place, but I am looking for a Windows
binary of psql which I can use to connect to Postgres that doesn't
require Cygwin.

The docs state that psql can be compiled using Visual C++ which I do not
have.

Does any one know where I can download one?

By the way is psql the only PostgreSQL utility like pg_dump, pg_create,
etcetera that can be compiled without Cygwin?

Is it possible to run the Cygwin versions outside the cygwin environment
so long as the necessary Cygwin libraries on in the PATH

Thanks

My Deja