Re: PostgreSQL booting automaticaly

From: "Eric S(dot) Johansson" <esj(at)harvee(dot)org>
To: Frederic Logghe <fredericlogghe(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL booting automaticaly
Date: 2004-01-13 13:26:47
Lists: pgsql-novice

Frederic Logghe wrote:

> Hello
>

> I'm using Red Hat 9 in text mode (X-Windows would have a negative
> influence on performance). How could I make sure that PostgreSQL starts
> automaticaly? Now I have to load the server manualy.
>
> I do not have a lot of experience with Linux, just the basic skills.

this is on Red Hat 8 but I believe it is the same on Red Hat 9.

verify that the rc.mumble system know about postgresql. you should try
and get something like:

[root(at)harvee camram_core]# chkconfig --list | grep post
postgresql 0:off 1:off 2:off 3:off 4:off 5:off 6:off

to turn it on for startup at boot up:

chkconfig postgresql on

should suffice

---eric

--
Speech recognition in use. Incorrect endings, words, and case is
closer than it appears