Website and "open development"

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Website and "open development"
Date: 2004-01-12 08:44:24
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi!

Lots of wonderful things were said in the list concerning how PostgreSQL
development is wonderfully open.

I want to ask a question: why PostgreSQL website development is so *closed*?

1) There is no public maillist (I presume) for discussion of website matters.
2) If there are actually people who are responsible for the websites (I am
starting to doubt) why don't they respond to suggestions in the public maillists?
3) Where is the CVS repository with websites code? Is there even one?
4) Why there is no single look and feel of community websites and why is
information sometimes duplicated?

There is a talk now about doing marketing materials. Excuse me, but the goal of
these materials is to lure people to the website. And the website in its current
state will frighten them to death.