Re: Add new column

From: "Goulet, Dick" <DGoulet(at)vicr(dot)com>
To: "Rafal Kedziorski" <rafcio(at)polonium(dot)de>,<pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add new column
Date: 2005-07-20 12:58:28
Lists: pgsql-admin
Then drop and rebuild the table.  Otherwise add it onto the end, which I
believe is ANSI SQL expected behavior and forget about it.  Where the
column is in the table is less important than where you place it in the
select statement.  The only other time I can see column placement as
being important is if it's part of the primary key, but even then I've
had no problems with adding to the end of the table.