Re: LIKE/ESCAPE implementation

From: Thomas Swan <tswan(at)olemiss(dot)edu>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>, Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: LIKE/ESCAPE implementation
Date: 2000-08-05 06:26:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers
At 01:23 AM 8/5/2000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
>It finally dawned on my how to easily implement the LIKE/ESCAPE clause.
>Currently, LIKE is transformed to the "~~" operator in the parser. For
>LIKE/ESCAPE, we should instead transform it to a three-parameter
>function call. The rest of the implementation is likely to be trivial
>(as is this parsing solution).

While your at it... :)

Would their be anything like an ILIKE for a case insensitive like
search?   Or maybe insensitive over text/char/varchar datatypes?

Just a thought...

Thomas

-
- Thomas Swan
- Graduate Student  - Computer Science
- The University of Mississippi
-
- "People can be categorized into two fundamental
- groups, those that divide people into two groups
- and those that don't."