Setting the transaction isolation level for a stored procedure

From: Keith Wong <keith(at)e-magine(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgSQL <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Setting the transaction isolation level for a stored procedure
Date: 2000-09-27 14:06:03
Lists: pgsql-sql
Sorry, I forgot to put a subject title in my last email. So here it is again.

Hi ppl,

Just wondering if anyone knows if its possible to set the transaction
isolation
level from inside a stored procedure in plpgsql. Or do I need to run the
'set transaction
isolation level' command before I called the stored procedure? I'm not even
sure that
would work, I assume plpgsql uses the current transaction isolation level?
Any help would be much appreciated :)

Cheers, Keith.

pgsql-sql by date

Next:From: Joachim TrinkwitzDate: 2000-09-27 18:24:46