Re: postgreSQL NT4

From: Joerg Hessdoerfer <Joerg(dot)Hessdoerfer(at)sea-gmbh(dot)com>
To: Fredrick Bartlett <palmtreefrb(at)earthlink(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgreSQL NT4
Date: 2000-08-17 08:17:56
Lists: pgsql-ports
Hi!

At 19:51 16.08.00 -0700, you wrote:
>It's running. I have been able to create tables run SQL etc.  But still not
>been able to create databases using createDb in bash.
>
>Note:  I also installed it on a win 2000, it's running as well.  But I am
>haveing similar problems running any pgsql commands at all under bash.

Thanks for the info...

>D:\postgreSQL\bin>bash
>bash-2.04$ createDb -h localhost socaldata
>bash: createDb: command not found
>bash-2.04$

It's 'createdb' not 'createDb'.

>Any ideas would be helpful.
>
>Mohammed Abdel'al wrote:
>
> > How u did?
> > I am dieing to get it running

Yepp. Seen this too. Dunno where THAT comes from. Needs looking into it.
On top of that, the distro is missing a 'less' command (psql uses it...).
Easy fix for that: get the 'less' package from http://sourceware.cygnus.com,
and install the exe in you INSTALLPATH/bin directory. Will be included in
the next release.

Sorting out the above mentioned bug can take some days, as I'm off for a short
trip :-(

Perhaps anyone else can shed some light on the symptom above? Ever seen it
before?
Me not!

Greetings, Joe
+------****  Science & Engineering Applications GmbH  ****------+
| Joerg Hessdoerfer                                             |
| Leading SW developer Phone:    +49 (0)2203-962211             |
| S.E.A GmbH           Fax:                 -962212             |
| D-51147 Koeln        Internet: joerg(dot)hessdoerfer(at)sea-gmbh(dot)com |
|                                http://www.sea-gmbh.com        |