Installation problem in NT

From: Michele Bendazzoli <mickymouse(at)mickymouse(dot)it>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Installation problem in NT
Date: 2000-08-16 19:26:00
Lists: pgsql-novice
I try to install postgres on NT (i need to try Postgres with Jbuilder
foundation and jdbc, but i am not able to run neither the welcome example
of jbf!), but when I have encountered several problems:
1) I try to follow all the instructions in the *Porting PostgreSQL to
Windows NT installation procedures* but while the configure and the make
commands (istruc. 11-13) seem to work (end without displaying errors), i
can't find any binary code generated in the c:/Postgres/Binary/pgsql
directory (mounted as /usr/local/pgsql)... :-(
2) I try then to use the binary just compiled (i download them from
internet), but, when i try to run Init db (istruction 15) it fails with an
:not found /usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb: 35: Syntax error: Bad fd number.

Thank in advance for any advice.

Ciao Michele

P.S. I found that the Cygnus software perform a *mount c: /* as default, if
it doesn't found any device mounted. So in order to make the istructions to
works i needed to mount c:/Unix/Root/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/bin  as
/usr/bin then umount C:/ and then mount c:/Unix/Root /. Otherwise the bash
show a *device is just in use* message. Hope this help.

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: tuanDate: 2000-08-16 23:28:10