setting classpaths in cygwin to use with java

From: Konrad Hernblad <konrad(at)pobox(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: setting classpaths in cygwin to use with java
Date: 2001-10-06 15:52:36
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

hello all.

in my cygwin.bat file, i set my PATH and CLASSPATH variables using the
forward slash "/" since cygwin needs the "/" for interpreting the
executables in the PATH variable. however, i'd like to set my CLASSPATH
using back slashes "\" for java to be able to interpret correctly. i saw
an old post about using "cygpath.exe -p -w $CLASSPATH" to return the
$CLASSPATH using "\". however, how do i do this within my cygwin.bat file
after setting my $CLASSPATH?

i want to try to do something like:

set CLASSPATH= $(cygwin.exe -p -w $CLASSPATH)
* this obviously doesn't work, but i'm trying to find out what the correct
equivalent is.

thanks...

TERRORIST ATTACK ON AMERICA (tues, sept 11, 2001)

Information and Disaster Relief Resources
http://www.konrad.ws/special/20010911_terroristAttackOnAmerica/infoAndDisasterReliefResources.htm