Re: missing data

From: Dave Perkins <drp(at)shore(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: missing data
Date: 2001-03-29 21:18:05
Lists: pgsql-general
At 03:07 PM 3/29/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Dave Perkins <drp(at)shore(dot)net> writes:
> > Thanks for the prompt reply.  I did find tables when running the SELECT
> you
> > suggested above and also found an entry in pg_shadow that matches relowner
> > for those tables.
>
>If you see entries in pg_class then I'm confused about what your problem
>really is.  Please define "missing data" exactly: what commands have you
>issued, what result did you get, what result did you expect to get?
>Which tables are affected?
>
>                         regards, tom lane

Thanks for your time and patience . . . The only entries I see in the
pg_class table are relnames with the 'pg_' prefix.  They all have a
relowner (40) that matches the only record listed in the pg_shadow
table.  The fact that the database in question does not have a
corresponding entry in the pg_database seems to be most revealing if only I
understood what it is revealing . . .  The one other piece of evidence I
have is the "Couldn't find any tables!" error message when executing the
\dt command, yet when I run a select * for a relation that use to exist, it
gives an acurate listing of field names, but no records (ie. missing data).

Thanks again,
Dave