PostGreSQL on Windows Help

From: Stephan Richter <srichter(at)cbu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostGreSQL on Windows Help
Date: 2001-01-17 00:46:59
Lists: pgsql-ports
Hello everyone,

I am using PostGreSQL for all my Web site's data. Now, a client of mine
wants to use one of my "applications" off-line as well on a Windoze
machine. I got all the other software to work fine there, but I have
troubles getting PostGreSQL to run.

The descriptions on the mailing lists are spare and I have not yet found a
good step by step description. Currently I am at the infamous "FATAL
1:  SetPgUserName: no entry in host passwd file" problem and noone gives a
clear answer how to solve it. But that is already much more than I want.
I just want the PostGreSQL server running locally without networking
ability...all I want is to connect to a DB using the PyGreSQL Python
module. Is there any way I can solve my problem quickly and clean? I do not
want to install the entire Cygnus tools on my clients computer either.

Thank you very much for your time in advance.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter