Re: Host configuration

From: "Chad R(dot) Larson" <chad(at)eldocomp(dot)com>
To: "Gregory S(dot) Williamson" <gsw(at)globexplorer(dot)com>, Paul Harrison <pharrison(at)fame(dot)com>, "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Host configuration
Date: 2003-08-18 07:53:31
Lists: pgsql-admin

At 02:21 AM 8/16/2003 , Gregory S. Williamson wrote:
>I had a similar problem recently and in the end it seems to have been me
>not restarting the postmaster; changes to the pg_hba.conf file weren't
>seen until then (I am sure this is documented but I managed to overlook it;

The file was read on each connection attempt up through 7.1 (I think). Now
it is read on the postmaster startup. A "pg_ctl reload" will do it for you.

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.