Re: [OT] Any major users of postgresql?

From: Naomi Walker <nwalker(at)eldocomp(dot)com>
To: Joe Brenner <doom(at)kzsu(dot)stanford(dot)edu>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: clarson(at)eldocomp(dot)com
Subject: Re: [OT] Any major users of postgresql?
Date: 2001-07-03 18:16:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Joe,

We were also in the same predicament.  Faced with Oracles steep cost and
learning curve (I know Informix), we chose to move ahead with
Postgresql.  Its not in production yet, but I think it will do the trick
for at least the short term.

The only possible showstopper at the moment, is the current inability to
replay transactions from the logical logs into a previous backup.  I've
been snooping around, and that ability is not far off.  It is clear that
the root to make that happen are in place (WAL).

I'd also love to hear from some large-ish users, but everything i've read
so far is extremely promising.  I do love your comment about Oracles'
expensive bugs (so true).  Anyone out there want to chime in?

--
Naomi Walker
Chief Information Officer