Problem in running regression

From: mani <mani(at)dukedom(dot)tec-serv(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem in running regression
Date: 2000-06-07 14:27:05
Lists: pgsql-ports
Dear Sir/Madam,
	I am using  PostgreSQL for the first time and I had run into problems. I
hope you can help me out.

My machine config.

Sun Ultra-SPARC -II  360MHz
512 MB RAM

SunOS release 5.6 [UNIX(R) System V release 4.0]
Japanese version

I installed PostgreSQL 6.5.3 and set the configuration
$ ./configure --with-mb=EUC_JP   (for Japanese environment)

I ran the  regression tests.
I am attaching the results of the tests.The first two lines of the file
says something as follows (It  is in Japanese, )
awk: Syntax error (line 1)
awk: Error in statement (line 1)

I had the postmaster running before I  executed the tests but the test
result (regress.out) says that the postmaster is not running.
Apart from a Makefile no other file is created in the results directory.

I had set the shared memory setting in the /etc/system file as follows

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=166777216

Am I missing anything in the settings?
Please advise.

regards