Re: UTF-8

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: UTF-8
Date: 2001-11-09 10:21:28
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
>Yes, isn't this also the case with Unicode data? When you mentioned that
>before I asked how to fix it and nobody could tell me... There was mention
>of using a Unicode font, but that was many megabytes in size as I recall.
>
>Suggestions?

Yes, you are right.
I am doing a test with Arial Unicode MS
/Later JMP

*****************
Arial Unicode MS – 51,180 glyphs in version 0.86
This font file is around 23.0 MB, and using it can slow down your computer.
Platforms: Windows
Unicode ranges: Basic Latin; Latin-1 Supplement; Latin Extended-A; Latin
Extended-B; IPA Extensions; Spacing Modifier Letters; Combining Diacritical
Marks; Greek; Cyrillic; Armenian; Hebrew; Arabic; Devanagari; Bengali;
Gurmukhi; Gujarati; Oriya; Tamil; Telugu; Kannada; Malayalam; Thai; Lao;
Tibetan; Georgian; Hangul Jamo; Latin Extended Additional; Greek Extended;
General Punctuation; Superscripts and Subscripts; Currency Symbols;
Combining Diacritical Marks for Symbols; Letterlike Symbols; Number Forms;
Arrows; Mathematical Operators; Miscellaneous Technical; Control Pictures;
Optical Character Recognition; Enclosed Alphanumerics; Box Drawing; Block
Elements; Geometric Shapes; Miscellaneous Symbols; Dingbats; CJK Symbols
and Punctuation; Hiragana; Katakana; Bopomofo; Hangul Compatibility Jamo;
Kanbun; Enclosed CJK Letters and Months; CJK Compatibility; CJK Unified
Ideographs; Hangul Syllables; CJK Compatibility Ideographs; Alphabetic
Presentation Forms; Arabic Presentation Forms-A; Combining Half Marks; CJK
Compatibility Forms; Small Form Variants; Arabic Presentation Forms-B;
Halfwidth and Fullwidth Forms; Specials
Availability: Supplied with Office 2000 and FrontPage 2000. Free download
(with licence restrictions) from Arial Unicode MS Font for Publisher 2000.

  • Re: UTF-8 at 2001-11-09 10:39:04 from Jean-Michel POURE

pgadmin-hackers by date

Subject: Re: Backup tool