Re: [HACKERS] What about CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION?

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] What about CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION?
Date: 2001-10-04 13:39:56
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

Think this might be interesting.
If CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION comes up, views and triggers will not break
anymore.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel POURE

 > Did we come to any conclusion about whether to accept Gavin Sherry's
 > CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION patch?
 > http://fts.postgresql.org/db/mw/msg.html?mid=1035792
 >
 > AFAIR, the score was that I liked it, Bruce didn't, and no one else
 > had expressed an opinion.

I withdraw my objection.  When I read it, I thought we were going to
have CREATE FUNCTION and REPLACE FUNCTION.  I later realized it is
literally CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION.  Looks strange, but there is no
standard way to do this and we usually take the Oracle syntax when the
standard doesn't specify it.

pgadmin-hackers by date

Subject: Re: pgAdmin