Re: Table modification

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Table modification
Date: 2001-10-02 09:41:08
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
>This is the correct way to do it, though I appreciate your problem with
>large tables. Perhaps (for Table objects only) we should have a
>Tables.DeferRebuild property. When set true, all rebuilds triggered by mods
>of individual properties or collections will get queued up until an update
>method is fired. That way, the update method can reduce all the required
>rebuilds that are queued up into as small an operation as possible.
>
>What do you think?
Agreed. Another question: how do we enable table reorganization (i.e.
change the order of columns)?

> > Do I miss something?
>I don't think so. I would suggest that we both sleep on how to achieve the
>above for a while - in the meantime look at the more simple mods like
>updating functions/views/triggers.
Agreed. What are your plans as regards functions/views/triggers?
Do you confirm creating objects in their OID order should work for solving
dependencies?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2001-10-02 09:59:18