Hello Dave and all,
I removed elephant pictures and uploaded a new splash screen proposal to CVS.
Could you (please) explain again the guidelines for table rebuilding:
1) Table rebuilding is performed in frmTable.
2) lvProperties(0).Tag = "M" means columns have been modified.
Same as modified checks, modified foreign keys, etc...
3) If any Tag='M', then position bModify = true, rebuilding is necessary.
4) Write a single transaction to perform changes:
a) rename table to a unique name, example '20010927_101215',
b) disable triggers (do you know how to remove rules?),
c) drop indexes, sequences,
d) create table as ....
e) recreate trigger, indexes, update sequence value,
f) drop old table.
5) If for any reason table rebuilding does not work, transaction is rolled
Does it make sense?
pgadmin-hackers by date
|Next:||From: Dave Page||Date: 2001-09-29 16:37:45|
|Subject: Re: Splash screen & table rebuilding|
|Previous:||From: Dave Page||Date: 2001-09-29 12:44:26|
|Subject: Re: ALTER TABLE DROP CONSTRAINT|