Database encoding

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database encoding
Date: 2001-09-22 19:12:37
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hello all,

Should database encoding display as an integer or a string value?

CREATE DATABASE name [ WITH [ LOCATION = 'dbpath' ] [ TEMPLATE = template ]
[ ENCODING = encoding ] ] is a string.
Also, in pSQL SHOW CLIENT_ENCODING returns a string.

select pg_encoding_to_char(iEncoding) returns encoding.
pg_char_to_encoding (szEncoding) returns iEncoding.

UNICODE is enabled on my server, I have the following results:
1=EUC-JP
2=EUC-CN
3=EUC_KR
4=EUC_TW
5=UNICODE
6=MULE_INTERNAL
7= LATIN1 etc...

I don't have the time to write more because I have to leave now.

Regards,
Jean-Michel