Is there any limitation in using ADO ?

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Is there any limitation in using ADO ?
Date: 2001-05-08 07:08:15
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hello my friends,

First of all, I would like to thank you all for this wonderful job.

I have been using PostgreSQL for two years now, along with other db such as
Oracle8 and MS SQL Server 7.
Now, I think it is time to trash Oracle and MS SQL Server and migrate to
PostgreSQL.
I hope PostgreSQL will soon achieve 3.5 level compatibility, but for what I
experienced until now, it is very reliable.

I read very little information about ADO in the list and would like to know
if anyone ever used the OLEDB MSDASQL provider (odbc provider level of ADO)
in Visual Basic. It seems to be the easiest way to query and retrieve data
in VB. Does it work well with the odbc interface ? Does it support left
joins, views, etc... Is there any plan to write a native OLEDB PostgreSQL
provider ? Any information welcome ...

Greetings from Jean-Michel POURE, Paris, France

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Issurdatt, Portia CECOM RDEC STCD SRCDate: 2001-05-08 13:11:54