ODBC and long object names.

From: Tim Uckun <tim(at)diligence(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC and long object names.
Date: 2000-07-12 19:18:36
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I am not sure if this a bug report or a feature request.

When I compiles postgres I changed the NAMEDATALEN #DEFINE to 64 ( a more
reasonable length for object names IMHO).  So far it has not caused any
problems with postgres but it is causing problems with the ODBC driver.
When I attempt to attach any table who has a long object name or an
associated index with a long name it causes an error message and does not
connect. It seems like it's returning a null or an empty sting or something.

There was talk a while ago about Postgres changing NAMEDATALEN a while back
so this might become more important if the official disto gets changed.
:wq
Tim Uckun
Due Diligence Inc. http://www.diligence.com/   Americas Background
Investigation Expert.
If your company isn't doing background checks, maybe you haven't considered
the risks of a bad hire.