Re: reg:lo_write

From: "Marco Bizzarri" <marco(dot)bizzarri(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: sandhya <sandhyar(at)amiindia(dot)co(dot)in>
Cc: Postgres <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: reg:lo_write
Date: 2006-06-22 08:13:46
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'm not sure, but I think you will have problems. As far as I can
understand, largeobject semantics is similar to files. Therefore, you
open an existing LO, and you obtain a file descriptor, which will
point (I think) at the start of the LO. If you write something, the
file descriptor will be moved accordingly. If you open again (i.e. you
issue another lo_open), you will have another file descriptor for the
same LO, which will be at the start of the LO, and you will overwrite
your previous LO.

Please take care with these advices as I'm not a PostgreSQL expert,
just reporting some experience.

Regards
Marco

--