Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make standby server continuously retry restoring the next WAL

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Aidan Van Dyk <aidan(at)highrise(dot)ca>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make standby server continuously retry restoring the next WAL
Date: 2010-03-31 02:01:40
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 1:28 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> Fujii Masao wrote:
>>> * Small code changes to handling of failedSources, inspired by your
>>> comment. No change in functionality.
>>>
>>> This is also available in my git repository at
>>> git://git.postgresql.org/git/users/heikki/postgres.git, branch "xlogchanges"
>>
>> I looked the patch and was not able to find any big problems until now.
>> The attached small patch fixes the typo.
>
> Thanks. Committed with that typo-fix, and I also added a comment
> explaining how failedSources and retrying XLogPageRead() works.

Great! Thanks a lot!

This change affects various recovery patterns that we support now.
For example, normal crash recovery, archive recovery, recovery using
pg_standby, recovery in standby mode, and so on. So we would need to
test whether all of those patterns work fine with the change.
I'll do it as much as possible.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao