Re: Parameter name standby_mode

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Joachim Wieland <joe(at)mcknight(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Parameter name standby_mode
Date: 2010-03-30 04:26:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 9:41 PM, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> If standby_mode is enabled, and neither primary_conninfo nor restore_command
>> are set, the standby would get stuck. How about forbidding (i.e., causing a
>> FATAL message) this wrong setting?
>
> Here is the patch which forbids that wrong setting of recovery.conf.

I think that this patch should be applied. Otherwise, if you wrongly
set neither primary_conninfo nor restore_command in recovery.conf,
the standby server would do nothing and get stuck because it doesn't
know where to retrieve the WAL files from. Banning the incorrect
setting makes sense to me.

Does anyone commit the patch? Does anyone have a say?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center