bug? autovacuum is not launched even if autovacuum_freeze_max_age is reached

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: bug? autovacuum is not launched even if autovacuum_freeze_max_age is reached
Date: 2010-02-16 09:34:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi,

In HEAD, when autovacuum is disabled, autovacuum process is not
launched forcibly to prevent XID wraparound even if we go through
autovacuum_freeze_max_age. This seems to be because
ShmemVariableCache->xidVacLimit is not initialized (i.e.,
SetTransactionIdLimit() is not called) until VACUUM is performed.

OTOH, in older version, ShmemVariableCache->xidVacLimit is always
initialized when backend updates the flat database file, and then
autovacuum process seems to be launched forcibly as expected.

Is this bug? I guess that it derives from the changes around flag
file done a while ago.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

Next:From: Fujii MasaoDate: 2010-02-16 09:56:16