Re: PgCon: who will be there?

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Markus Wanner <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>
Cc: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-cluster-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PgCon: who will be there?
Date: 2010-02-12 12:06:29
Lists: pgsql-cluster-hackers
On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 8:41 PM, Markus Wanner <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch> wrote:
> Glad to hear that. I'm currently thinking about possible implementations,
> but I doubt somewhat that I'll have the time to do the actual
> implementation :-(

Probably me too ;)

>> And it has already begun being discussed on -hackers.
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-01/msg00916.php
>
> Hm.. did you notice my review and comments on *this* mailing list [1]?  I
> don't think that approach works for anything we need for clustering. It's
> designed for parallel pg_dump.

Umm.. do you think that the "Export snapshots to other sessions" feature is
completely independent of the snapshot management for the parallel pg_dump?
If not, we should make the patch more extensible for the feature we want?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center