Re: Segmentation fault occurs when the standby becomes primary, in SR

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault occurs when the standby becomes primary, in SR
Date: 2010-01-29 07:04:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 4:23 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> Thanks, committed. (I kept the old comment, though, I liked it better)

Thanks!

> Then again, if the database is small, maybe you don't mind taking a new
> base backup if the standby falls behind. And you *can* take a base
> backup with a dummy archive_command (ie. archive_command='/bin/true'),
> if you trust that the WAL files stay in pg_xlog long enough for standby
> to stream them from there.

Yeah, this is one of the case that restore_command is not required
for SR.

> Perhaps we should require a restore_command. If you know what you're
> doing, you can always use '/bin/false' as restore_command to hack around it.

One of main aim of SR is an easy-to-setup. So I don't want to
impose such a hacky setting of restore_command on users.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center