Re: Why isn't stats_temp_directory automatically created?

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Why isn't stats_temp_directory automatically created?
Date: 2009-04-22 07:57:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Here is the revised patch; If stats_temp_directory indicates the symlink,
> we pursue the chain of symlinks and create the referenced directory.

BTW, this patch is useful also as the foundation for improving
creation of log_directory. Attached patch fixes the following
problem of log_directory by using that fundamental patch.

- log_directory is not created when a configuration file is reloaded
- creation of log_directory fails if the parent directory of it doesn't exist
- if log_directory indicates the symlink, it's not resolved

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

Attachment Content-Type Size
create_log_directory_0422.patch application/octet-stream 825 bytes