Re: Synchronous replication & Hot standby patches

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "K, Niranjan (NSN - IN/Bangalore)" <niranjan(dot)k(at)nsn(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Synchronous replication & Hot standby patches
Date: 2009-02-24 15:51:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 3:47 PM, K, Niranjan (NSN - IN/Bangalore)
<niranjan(dot)k(at)nsn(dot)com> wrote:
> Could you please let me know what are the outstanding features that are still to be developed in the respective patches?
>
> I'am currently referring the wiki: "Todo and Claim" for NTT and for HotStandby, i see that almost all issues are closed. Are there any features / refactoring / bugs still need to be fixed.

At least I'm planning to work on the following two items of Synch Rep for v8.5.
Of course, Synch Rep works fine without these features.

- Address the problem which the signals cannot interrupt poll() and select()
  on some platforms.
  http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-12/msg00438.php

- Add new feature which transfers all WAL records via the direct connection
  between the primary and the standby. In other words, get rid of
  file-based log shipping part from the patch.
  http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/496B9495.4010902@enterprisedb.com

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao