New version of Synch Rep patch

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: New version of Synch Rep patch
Date: 2009-01-28 07:14:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Attached is the updated version of synch-rep patch (v0128). I adjusted
the patch against the latest head, fixed some bugs and updated some
documents.

I attached this patch also on wiki. There are README of the patch and
the description of user overview in wiki.
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NTT%27s_Development_Projects#Version_History

Since it was decided that synch-rep will be postponed to 8.5, I'm going to
stop updating the patch for a while and reschedule my development.
Though of course it's not good news that synch-rep cannot be used in 8.4 yet,
I also think that it's good opportunity to polish it further! So, I'd
like to discuss
again about what features are *essential* for synch-rep in 8.5, at least before
the next development cycle will come (probably such a discussion should be
started after beta release, because we are now in the midst of last commitfest).
The patch of synch-rep is big, so we need to develop it incrementally.
>From the result of the discussion, I'd like to lower the priority of
the optional
features and focus on the essential at first.

BTW, I wrote up the features requested since Nov, on wiki.
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NTT%27s_Development_Projects#Todo_and_Claim

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

Attachment Content-Type Size
synch_rep_0128.tgz application/x-gzip 180.6 KB