Re: Synchronous replication patch v2

From: "Fujii Masao" <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Synchronous replication patch v2
Date: 2008-11-18 03:08:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 7:15 PM, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Attached is the latest version of Synch Rep patch. Sorry for my late posting.
> I fixed some bugs in v1patch and integrated walreceiver into core. Attached
> contain some patches:

Attached is v3 of Synch Rep patch. I changed the signal handling, as
pointed out in another thread.

Other changes are;

* In v2, whenever XLogSend sent the WAL, it was initializing StringInfo,
   but since it's useless, I changed it so that one StringInfo might be

* In v2, since the WAL files were not recycled in the standby, fsynch by
   walreceiver when initializing the WAL files (XLogFileInit) was one of
   the bottleneck. So, I made the bgwriter recycle the old WAL files when
   creating the restart point, and the startup process recycle the restored
   file (RECOVERYXLOG) when trying to remove it.

Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center