Re: Synchronous replication patch v2

From: "Fujii Masao" <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Synchronous replication patch v2
Date: 2008-11-18 03:08:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 7:15 PM, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Attached is the latest version of Synch Rep patch. Sorry for my late posting.
> I fixed some bugs in v1patch and integrated walreceiver into core. Attached
> contain some patches:

Attached is v3 of Synch Rep patch. I changed the signal handling, as
pointed out in another thread.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-11/msg01041.php

Other changes are;

* In v2, whenever XLogSend sent the WAL, it was initializing StringInfo,
   but since it's useless, I changed it so that one StringInfo might be
   used.

* In v2, since the WAL files were not recycled in the standby, fsynch by
   walreceiver when initializing the WAL files (XLogFileInit) was one of
   the bottleneck. So, I made the bgwriter recycle the old WAL files when
   creating the restart point, and the startup process recycle the restored
   file (RECOVERYXLOG) when trying to remove it.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center