PQconnectdb SSL (sslmode)

From: vishal saberwal <vishalsaberwal(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, tjtoocool(at)phreaker(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PQconnectdb SSL (sslmode)
Date: 2005-08-26 01:20:52
Lists: pgsql-bugs
I am not sure if this is a bug.

local all all trust
host all all trust
hostssl dbm all md5

int ret=PQconnectdb("hostaddr= dbname=dbm user=postgres

' ret' prints -1.

Now when I change the above function to one with sslmode=allow, the
connection is established and query runs.

I do have (ssl=true) in postgresql.conf and have tested the
certificates and they are working right. I also restart the postmaster
after every change in postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf.

I would prefer the connections are SSL and hence would like to use the
default "prefer" sslmode.